Cloud-Based Building Monitoring, Analytics and Control Platform
Sentient Buildings provides a cloud based platform to centralize remote access building operations across a portfolio of sites. Cortex receives real-time data from all cloud connected building control systems to present a simple streamlined portal view to all users involved in a building eco system.
Owners and managers can get a bird’s eye view of building performance and operational cost. Operators can pinpoint issues and quickly resolve problems. Service Companies can be directly engaged with the building mechanical systems and can roll trucks to fix issues only when necessary. Occupants can gain remote access to their individual systems to take control over their own comfort.
Cortex is a modular cloud based platform, designed to provide users with a set of features that are tailored to their specific needs. The modular design allows users to get the most out of the system while allowing for integration with existing Energy and Building analytics platforms.
- CONE Performance Metrics – Top level indicators of performance across 4 key metrics are provided on a rolled up basis for portfolios and individual sites. Metrics are reported for a set period of time and can be viewed on an annual, quarterly, monthly, weekly and/or daily basis. These metrics include the following:
- Efficiency – Measurement of how well sites are performing against building comparables and against their own baselines. Higher efficiency results in reduced operating costs.
- Comfort – Measurement of how well the site is maintaining setpoints. The closer to setpoint each zone is for both heating and cooling, the more comfortable the site is. Better comfort results in happier occupants leading to lower vacancy rates.
- Equipment Operations – Measurement of the operational health of the mechanical systems. This takes into consideration failure rates, degradations in performance, and system wide issues that impact operation and equipment longevity.
- Network Health – Measurement of connected nodes, device status, data integrity and overall network performance. The delivery of accurate and reliable data with consistent connectivity is critical to everyone getting significant value out of the monitoring and control platforms in place.
- Real-Time Management & Control – Graphics platform designed to give a real-time view into overall building and system operation. View plant graphics of air handlers, boiler plants, cooling towers and chillers in real-time. Make set point and schedule changes through a central platform via the web or from any mobile device. Thermostats and lighting controls can be accessed down the zone level to change a set point or turn off lights in individual spaces.
- Critical Insights – The platform is constantly monitoring and analyzing data to identify insights that will indicate issues with equipment or settings where corrective action should be taken to calibrate or adjust system operations. Critical Insights can also identify when a contractor should be called in to evaluate a system issue.
- Work Order Management – As the system identifies issues, work orders can be created to make requests for remote or field service on systems. This allows for streamlined management of tasks and ensures that a historical record of service on each piece of equipment is centrally accessible to both the owner/operator and the respective service company.